After Salvation, What's Next?
Although you have acknowledged Jesus as Savior and Lord, God's desire is that you grow in your newfound faith.
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. (Heb. 12:1-NASB)
1. Purchase a copy of The Holy Bible: There are several versions to ensure your understanding of Scripture, I have listed a few:
- NIV (New International Bible)
NASB (New American Standard Bible)
NKJV (New King James Version)
KJV (King James Version)
HCSB (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
- ESV (English Standard Version)
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2. Join a local church: If you are unsure of where to go, send us a note and we will help you find a safe place to fellowship. Heb. 10:25...not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
3. Be Baptized: Baptism is a symbolic and public display of the repentance and change that has taken place within the heart of man. Matt: 28:19, 1 Cor. 12:13, 1 Peter 3:21, Col. 2:12
4. Service: Pray and ask God where He would have you to serve within the body of Christ.
- Be careful that you do not feel pressured to do everything...do one or two things well and make it a priority to spend time with the Lord in prayer.
- Many saints are busy but their hearts are far from God: Memorize Philippians 2: 1-11 so that you may understand the mind (attitude) of Christ. Pray that you will become more like Jesus Christ daily. He is our model!
- What is your Spiritual gift? Ask God to reveal to you your Spiritual (God-given) gift(s) in the body of Christ.
- This spiritual gift guide is used only to help you understand the gifts of the Spirit. Only the Spirit can reveal to you what is your God-given purpose within the body of Christ.
- Use Lifeway's Spiritual Gift survey as a guide: https://blog.lifeway.com/explorethebible/downloads/spiritual-gifts-inventory/
- You will learn more about your gift(s) as you grow in the Lord. Listed are a few scriptures pertaining to spiritual gifts:
-Eph. 4:11 (Office Gifts)
4. Share your new-found faith with a friend: Matt: 28:19-20
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We will gladly provide assistance as you move forward in your faith.
May God Bless You with His Everlasting Love!
Encourage and Be Encouraged!!